Friday, January 08, 2010

Snow Day

It has been so cold here in Atlanta this past week...highs in the 30's and lows in the teens. We finally got a little dusting of snow on Thursday night. Of course, it was enough to warrant cancelling school on Friday. That's just how we do it in the south! The girls were super excited when they woke up on Friday morning, and they asked me at least 100 times when we were going outside to "play." I knew that it was freezing outside and the snow just wouldn't be fun, so I put them off as long as I could. We finally ventured out at about 11:00 all bundled up. There was not enough snow to build a snowman and there were lots of icy patches in the driveway. Riley fell down and complained that her face was hurting because it was so cold. We lasted about 20 minutes and then ran inside to get warm. They haven't asked to go out again!

No comments: