Tuesday, September 07, 2010

7 Months

How I Grow

  • I weigh about 17 1/2 pounds (33%), am 28 1/2 inches long (90%), and my head is 17 3/4 inches (73%). I am long and skinny!
  • I wear 6-9 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
  • I am great at sitting up now and rarely tip over. I don't like being left on my tummy or back for very long... I prefer to sit up.
  • I can roll both ways now... but I'm not an expert roller yet!
  • I love to bounce... I could do this all day long!
  • My two bottom front teeth broke through last week...on the same day. That was a rough couple of days and nights.
  • I am wary of strangers.
  • I am beginning to recognize people like Mimi and Papa and Gram and Grandy.
  • I love to splash in water.
  • Daycare is going well. I love to be there and the teachers say I am a very happy baby. I don't take very good naps while I am there, but maybe that will get better.

How I Communicate

  • I am starting to say some consonant sounds like "ba" and "ma" I might have said "uh oh" the other day, but Mommy wouldn't bet on it!
  • I cry when mommy leaves.

How I Eat and Sleep

I eat fruit twice a day.
  • I eat veggies 2 times a day; I have eaten oatmeal, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, applesauce, pears, and bananas. I tend to eat better at daycare than at home.
  • I am also starting to try and feed myself. I love to eat sweet potato puffs, but I need some help getting them to my mouth.
  • I have milk 5 or 6 times a day.
  • I sleep for about 10-11 hours at night. I go to bed about 8:30pm. Sleeping has gotten a bit better, but Mommy would like me to stop waking up!
  • I take 3 naps... a long morning and afternoon nap plus a little cat nap in the evening.
  • I sleep with one arm swaddled and one arm free. Right now, I am sleeping in the bouncy seat at night because my reflux is acting up.
  • I visited the GI doctor this week. He increased my tummy medicine and said I was pretty healthy. Hopefully, this will help me drink my bottles better and sleep better at night.
  • No comments: