Molly just finished up her 1st season as a Waverunner! That's right, our little girl was on the swim team. I had no idea what to expect when we started in May. I didn't grow up participating in swim team, so I didn't know how serious it can be! We had to go to practice every morning and she had a swim meet once a week for the past 7 weeks. Needless to say, it has kept us busy and it has kept Molly absolutely wiped out! Like I said, we really had to idea what to expect. We didn't even know if Molly could make it across the pool (which you had to be able to do in order to swim in a meet!) Boy, did she surprise us! Not only can she make it across the pool, but she can do both the back stroke and the freestyle...and she even won a couple of races!!! Molly and I decided that each week her goal would be to earn a rainbow ribbon. A rainbow ribbon is earned when you get a better time in your race than the previous meet. She managed to earn rainbow ribbons in all of her races for each meet. To say we are proud of her is an understatement! We are proud of her for sticking with it and finishing the season strong. She is our little fish now, and we can't wait until next year's swim team starts! Good Job Molly. We love you!!!
Waiting for her race
This is Molly's nervous face!

Ready for the backstroke!

Proud Molly after she won her race
(swimmers earn the beads for winning their heat!)
2 comments:
Great job, Molly!!
Yea Molly!
Post a Comment